How can I connect to Xbox LIVE with Charter High Speed Internet?

Nate102

Jan 1, 2009
Please help! Ok I got an xbox 360 pro for christmas along with a 50 foot networking cable (And please don't tell me to get a Wireless Adapter cause my friend said it lags SO much) AND a 13 month membership to xbox live. So I connected the cable from the back of my xbox (while it was off) and then connected it to my modem (while it was off) and then I tested the connection and every time I tested the connection it always fails on the IP address. I went to GameStop and asked them and they said it is Charter's fault. They said that Charter's servers are too old fashioned and that they are also too strict on gamers trying to play with you on XBL. They block you from accessing XBL cause they think it is a virus trying to hack your computer. They told us to try to switch to another SP but we didn't want to go through all that mess of paying $200 for a technician to come out and disconnect charter and run more cables and all that junk. But i know there HAS to be atleast ONE way for XBL to work. If someone could just tell me what i can do or if you could even give me a link to a site that could help, that would be great!

Also we called charter and he told me to disconnect our modem for 30 seconds (And our Ethernet, Cable, and Telephone is connected to this modem) and as soon as we did our phones disconnected too and we lost him. :( So they were no help either.

Back