Why do people put up with Comcast internet service?

xdesuehtx

Jan 1, 2009
I don't have Comcast, I have Suddenlink. I'm not even sure if Comcast is available in my local area. But I've heard horror stories about the ISP. Bad costumer service, slow speeds, content blocking, and worst of all, a daily bandwidth limit? The bandwidth issue is enough to make me say no thanks to any ISP. Also, aren't they the ones lobbying the hardest to fight net neutrality? Don't they support desdiscrimination of "mom and pop" websites, that would in-turn cause customers to have slower speeds and block content altogether?

I've also heard horror stories about them wanting to bring in a new era of internet where you subscribe to a list of websites (which pay them tons of money), much like television? How horrible would that be?

So my question is, why do people continue to put up with Comcast? Do they monmonopolize some regions of high speed internet access? Wouldn't the competition drive them out?

All I know is, though my bill is high, the service I get from Suddenlink sounds a world better than the poor souls that have Comcast.

Because they are the biggest provider and there really isn't a lot of good competition.

Because they are the biggest provider and there really isn't a lot of good competition.

Back