Internet problems? Can anyone help me with this?

Mikethedude

Jan 1, 2009
Ok so I have a cable internet connection and it seems to run fine. Downloads things great and good connection directly to the internet. Well today and yesterday I tried playing some online games such as Guildwars, Counterstrike, and Left 4 Dead... each time I would get online it would only last 5 minutes maximum then I would get disconnected, each time it would say that I "timed out"

I dont understand it, this has been happening to me all today and yesterday. This has never happend before. I do not have Bittorrent nor limewire or any of that running, I made sure everything was turned off even my firewall. My router is not overheating at all either

Can someone please gimmie an idea of what to do

Hmmm, well it could be a problem on the WAN side not your LAN, if it just started happening and your router is functioning properly along with your cable modem, and you didnt install any new software, this is most likely the cause. The ISP could be doing upgrades and such.

If it continues for a few weeks it is safe to assume that there is a problem with the networking hardware IE: router, modem, or card. Or try updating the drivers and router firmware as a last resort.

Back