Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

ford flex vs ford explorer?

in your opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was excited when I saw advertising for the Flex. Then I went and looked at one and was pretty disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice vehicle, but the exterior makes such a design statement and the interior is SO bland and anonymous. I would rather drive the new Taurus than the Flex to be honest. It looks cool on TV and online, but in person it's kind of homely. I would still drive a Flex over the explorer though. Better handling. Easier to load cargo because of the lower liftover. Better gas mileage. Unless you need 4WD, it's a no-brainer between the two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was excited when I saw advertising for the Flex. Then I went and looked at one and was pretty disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice vehicle, but the exterior makes such a design statement and the interior is SO bland and anonymous. I would rather drive the new Taurus than the Flex to be honest. It looks cool on TV and online, but in person it's kind of homely. I would still drive a Flex over the explorer though. Better handling. Easier to load cargo because of the lower liftover. Better gas mileage. Unless you need 4WD, it's a no-brainer between the two.

Junior Member DoYouBuyAmericanm's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I own an Explorer and love it, but the Flex is absolutely AMAZING. Go to a dealership and just sit in one. The seats are more comfortable than a La-Z-Boy! They are so squishy and you sink right down in to them, even the upholstery is rippled for how soft the padding is. There is also so much legroom for every seat, the dash is very sleek with the nice Sony logos on all the speakers, and it gets better gas mileage than the Explorer.

I love SUVs but the Flex is very nice and would be hard to turn down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Flex, by far.
    Superior in every way.