I feel happier as an Atheist. Why doens't religion work for everyone?

HockusPokess

Nov 23, 2008
I mean I tried so hard to reason my way to God and feel his presense but I've always felt like an atheist who tried to rationalize what I thought I had to believe.

Same reason belief in crystal energy, pyramid power, horoscopes, tarot cards... doesn't work for everyone.

It's all imaginary. Some of us prefer to live in reality.

I'm with you. I've never been able to believe, and a lot of inner conflict, guilt, anger and pain vanished when I stopped trying. Religion is a creation of man - if there was a god, religion could work for everyone.

Most are dealing out the doctrine of man. They try to scare and brow beat recruits and are in it for their own glory and the nontaxable wealth. I can understand your feelings, but God Will get through to you with a still small voice. So listen with the kind and gentle side of you, have faith.

There are 6 billion ways to follow a spiritual path because there are roughly 6 billion people in the world. No two people share the same sort of faith even though they may align themselves with Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists or any other religion.
Your belief is to choose not to believe, and there are many that agree with your belief but they apply their own tweaks to it.
Every person follows their own path down the spiritual road. If you choose not to believe and that makes you happy that is fine, just remember to allow others to travel the path they have chosen for themselves and which brings them bliss regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

try working from your heart instead, and see what happens. you can call a car a watermelon, but that still doesn't mean that makes it a fruit and not a conveyance. a rose by any other name ...

I'm the same way. I was raised Christian. Eventually it ceased to make any sense to me. Now I'm happier.

yea, religion. It didnt work for me.

the only way, of letting this "god" go out of my life.
is not thinking of god.

but I think of life. And I feel more sane.

more relaxed. more loved.
more prosperous. Just more clear minded.

I love being an atheist.

Faith is the opposite of rationalization. To be able to receive the direct revelation of God, you have to at least initially accept His reality first. This is a divine rule of this world, there is no way that you can overcome the transcendence of God without this initial leap of faith.

Because most non christians ate christians so much they are ignorant to believe. And some try their, and they do convert.
Atheist are so full of them selves, so the motive of christianity won't ring a bell.

We cannot reason our way to God. We have to read his word, and follow him. That way it works. It doesn't work for those who insist on controlling their own lives all the time instead of listening to the Lord.

I agree. When I part of Christianity (I won't say I was a Christian, because I never actually accepted the beliefs, but my mom made me go to church) I was miserable. When I finally came to the decision to leave the church I felt like all the weight was lifted off my shoulders and I felt so much happier.

I agree. When I part of Christianity (I won't say I was a Christian, because I never actually accepted the beliefs, but my mom made me go to church) I was miserable. When I finally came to the decision to leave the church I felt like all the weight was lifted off my shoulders and I felt so much happier.

Religion doesn't work for people who can't believe the unlikely even if the unlikely is better than reality.

Back