Press "A" to Continue screen on the Wii!?

genieviere

Dec 28, 2008
I got the wii for christmas but unfortunately i cant get it to work. Im new to gaming in general so I'm looking for someone to explain this to me in the basics please. Everytime I connect the wii to my tv it gives me a white screen that asks me to select the "A" on the remote in order to continue which I do but nothing happens. i cant get past this first page. Everything seems to be working and its all plugged in and connected correctly. I have tried wiping and re-syncing the remote but to no avail. I have tried connecting it using the scart rather than the 3 connector and also tried different tvs. I have tried resetting the console itself. I have tried putting in a game. I have tried moving the sensor bar around different places. A friend suggested the console was faulty but I dont want to have to send it back because it could be months before I see a new one and also I think it may just be something basic that I am not doing correctly as the tv does read the wii its just that I cannot get past that first page. Any help would be appreciated!

make sure the wii remote is on and aim it at the little senor stick with the orange plug ...and make sure the sensors plugged into the wii

Back