Can I get screwed over from checking the sale price on a stolen good tag?

bobm

May 20, 2008
I found a shirt that still had the price tag on it but strangely, I need to know how much the sale was on the shirt, if i bring it back to where it was bought because it was at macy's it said, can i let them scan it without them seeing that it was never sold? to find out the sale on it...

Just take the tag and ask them to scan and tell you the current price. You do not need to bring the item back. Most (all) items that are identical have the same UPC number so they do not have any way of knowing exactly if the item was ever sold. You can actually self scan the tag under a "check price" tag reader in the store without speaking to anyone.

If you know its stolen then you are guilty of receiving stolen property and you should get "screwed".

so you stole a shirt and you want to return it and get cash?

why do you need to know how much the shirt sold for?

this is a real strange question.

If you truly found it, they won't know who the shirt belonged to if you returned it for a refund. This can only be done via RFID and most are not using that as of yet because it is too expensive.

have you tried looking the item up on the macys online to see if they have it with the sale price on it?

um i dont think they have individual tags on the items, they shouldnt be able to tell that perticular one was stolen

you should just check the price at the self price checker things they have in every section that way ull see the price and u wont have to worry about a sales person being suspicious

I don't think they can track that. Just because you took it to Macy's and they don't have a record of selling it doesn't mean it wasn't purchased at a different Macy's somewhere else.

I don't think they can track that. Just because you took it to Macy's and they don't have a record of selling it doesn't mean it wasn't purchased at a different Macy's somewhere else.

Try it and good luck explaining to them how you got it when they ask. Chances are they might not, but if you get a kick out of taking risks, knock yourself out!

Back