Sources: Gillett Evernham putting Allmendinger in Sadler's No. 19 Dodge?

JeffGordontLegend

Jul 19, 2008
What did Sadler do to deserve this!??

I think the owners of GEM woke up on the wrong side of bed the other day..... they should have fielded a 4th car for Allmendinger. But then again, I doubt they would find enough sponsors to run the 4th team. So if they couldn't get a 4th team, then don't get Allmendinger. Simple as that. You can't just throw Elliot under the bus.

GEM is a lost organization if you ask me.

It doesn't surprise me that GEM wanted Allmendinger, but I would have thought that they would have kept Elliott for at least another year. A.J. proved that he could drive well with the #10, but I thought that if he were go to GEM, that they would have used a fourth car instead of the #19. I'm happy for A.J., but I feel bad about Elliott leaving. Sadler is a good driver, but has just had terrible luck. I hope he finds the right team that can get him back in the chase for the first time since 2004. I feel sorry for the Prez and all of Sadler's fans when they find out.

That is just shocking to me. I adore Elliott. I like AJ too but Elliott....Nooooo!!!!!!

I have read everything I can find and nothing to confirm or deny this. Wow, I am floored and don't even know what to say.

Awww... Prez. maybe he knew you were starting school on the 20th and didn't want to distract you??? Sorry my friend.

I have to say I am quite conflicted. I love AJ and am very happy that he would have a ride if this actually happens. On the other hand, I have always liked Elliott and would never wish bad luck on him.

Is it possible to be both sad and happy at the same time. Cuz that is how I am feeling right now.

Not surprising since Evernham turned into a total butthead. I'd like to see him leave and never hear from him again. He effs up everything he gets his hands on. Although I don't think Sadler is all that Wallmendinger isn't worth much more YET either.

Gotta roll. The Green Iguana needs me. lol

I think this is just another case of the drivers getting a bad deal because of the organization thinking it is the driver that needs improving instead of the cars. Hopefully some good will come out of this and Sadler will get a decent ride with a decent organization. Then Evernham can sit there and suffer all year and the next before he realized that he made a mistake and he needs to look at his cars for improvement instead of shuffling drivers around.

I thought they'd put the Dinger in the #10.. I can't see them letting Sadler go, I just read about this and nearly fell outta my chair.Where's Elliott going!! This article totally blew me away.. Elliott's fans will have a melt down. Mr Prez, Tom tell GEM they can't do this you need to go rescue Elliott.

Go Dale Jr & Hms in 2009

Back