how do you connect to the internet?

cookieedoughe

Dec 27, 2008
i don't have internet on my laptop, and i've tried everything, but i can't find a way to connect to a wireless network. help?
thanks so much if you answered!

i just got my new labtop a couple of days ago. There should many little icons on the bottom left of your screen. One is wireless conection. click on it and it should automatically search for signals. Pick the one that has the strongest signal and it coneect, if this does not work email me with type of labtop and operating system

First- U must have wireless capability, with a wireless modem or card. They 'always' come with a free sign-up connection to an internet browser to be activated on your first visit with your own 'net name and password. After that,select the *free* access first, they will take you everywhere (Yahoo.com, Google.com, and mebbe later Metacrawler.com)
Be sure you have a "firewall" feature to protect you from *malware, adware, phishing and spam* (find out, if U don't know) self-protection comes first, and as a newbie, you can be the most vulnerable.
Just a word to the wise...

Back