98 VW Passat won't move in forward or reverse. Last night my car made a weird...

DD

May 14, 2008
...clunk then suddenly it felt like? After the clunk it felt like I had a flat tire, and I temporarily lost control of the steering. I got out of my car and noticed that the front driver wheel well was much closer to the tire than before. I drove the thing home about 9 miles and there was some obvious rubbing/grinding going on. My car was pulling right hard and when I broke it would pull left hard. I parked it and figured I would take it in this morning, when I awoke I put it in reverse (driveway) when all of a sudden it quit moving. Wont go forward or reverse. I am no mechanic, but I am guessing the tranny is fine since it drove home last night. Is there any way something broke which is causing it to not move the front tires when I try to accelerate? I am also skeptical about a clutch issue because it is fairly new. I am thinking it has to be directly related to the wheel well sinking issue. It would be pretty random to have something go wrong then 9 miles later my clutch goes...but I have no clue. It is a 98 vw passat 1.8t . Any ideas?? Thanks for any help. Happy Holidays.
Manual Transmission

I think may have you broke a CV Joint and the axle just fell right out. That explains the wheel. You are lucky it did not fall off. You may have lost all your transmission fluid. I would loosem that death trap and buy a 08 Dodge Challenger.

Back