She believes that all teens do at the Prom is dance, drink from the spiked punch bowl and get raped. At school i have many friends that have gone to prom before and they say that hardly anyone dances, teachers are standing guard at the punch bowl, and rape? that's never happened at our school before, where would it happen anyways? in the crowded bathroom? that's just her being overprotective. i don't dance, my boyfriend (that my whole family likes) will be there with me, and i don't wear Provocative clothes o i would definitely wear a modest dress anyways. ....and she thinks dancing is a sin, any and all kinds. (i know some kinds are bad and other kinds are just fine and i am definitely mature enough to know the difference, im 16 and in the11th grade but she still treats me like im two) she went to the prom, so did her mom and now suddenly letting me go is completely wrong. i know she loves me and is trying to keep me safe but how do i let her know that enough is enough? every time i try to ask her something she literally ignores me. i need a way to get her attention. any and all answers will help! thanks!