Could I buy a T-Mobile phone and use it on Rogers in Canada?

Rob

May 17, 2008
While T-Mobile does use SIM cards, they lock their phones so that they will only accept SIM cards for their own network. If you tried to put a Rogers SIM card into a T-Mobile locked phone you would only get an error message. It is technically possible to unlock the phones, but the provider does not give out that information. If you can get an unlocked North American GSM phone, then this would work with a Rogers SIM card.

I hear that you can because they both run on SIM cards. Although, I'm a newbie to SIM cards and don't quite understand--would you go into Rogers and say you want a plan for your Sidekick for example? Simple as that? PLEASE explain, 10 points for best answer! :)

Hi Kaylaa,
I will help you.
If you want to use Rogers network on your T-Mobile based sidekick phone means,you phone should be unlocked one.If it's locked means,you will need to unlock your phone.You can unlock your phone by network unlock code.You can get an unlock code from your service provider or else try to buy an unlock code from any one of the online unlocking service provider like Unlock-Zone.com and you can get free how to enter unlock code instructions from MobileUnlockGuide.com I hope it will be very useful to you.

Back