Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you when you are living with miserable people and they are

trying to make you the same.? I see this a lot of times with teenagers these days. Parents are trying to make them miserable.

EXAMPLE....
    The person I live with act like the "devil". It's really "crazy"!! I don't go anywhere AT ALL and at this point in my life God is working with me with my "God given assignment". The person I live with is my aunt. She say that I don't talk to her, but when I talk to her she go and tell others about what I tell her... She talks about me and a lot more things a long with my grandmother.

I am 17... I suppose to be living with my dad who has custody of me. But he don't have a house.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Misery LOVES company...don't allow other people and their problems to interfere with your life. Stay positive and be blessed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Misery LOVES company...don't allow other people and their problems to interfere with your life. Stay positive and be blessed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know your monetary situation or your age. But if you are an adult, you need to move out of there.

If you are not an adult, you will have to bide your time until you can leave. Don't tell your relatives anything you don't want passed along the family gossip loop. You can even make up some wonderful sounding things about yourself to tell them.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know your monetary situation or your age. But if you are an adult, you need to move out of there.

If you are not an adult, you will have to bide your time until you can leave. Don't tell your relatives anything you don't want passed along the family gossip loop. You can even make up some wonderful sounding things about yourself to tell them.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have... an interesting home life to say the least. And all I can say is that it's teaching you to be more patient and kind to others. All I am doing is waiting to be on my own and away from those messed up miserable people. Is there a possibility to move out away from your aunt? There may be ways to avoid her. The only part time solutions I've found is to stay busy and out of the way to avoid said people.

Junior Member AppreciateEachDay's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Parents rarely intentionally try to make kids miserable. They make mistakes, because nobody is perfect. They just do the best they can at helping teens become good adults who do well in school and keep away from crime and bad influences. Sometimes the adults aren't as good at parenting as they might be. Teenagers are maturing and are often hormonal, and decision-making can sometimes be irrational for some because the decision-making part of the brain is the last part to develop fully (usually by age 20 - 24). If your aunt is making your life miserable, though, you need to explain to her what you have explained here. When you DO talk to her, she repeats your conversation to others and that upsets you. Tell her that you would confide in her IF she could keep it confidential. In the meantime, if I were you, I'd find my guidance counselor at school and talk to him/her about your living arrangements and ask how to deal with your aunt and grandmother. I'll bet your aunt loves you very much (she took you in to raise!), so I would think this could all be worked out if you have some patience and ask God for that patience. I also imagine to chats with your grandmother about you, too, in order to check to see if she's handling situations correctly. Your grandmother also loves you and she might be able to help your aunt do things right by you. (Have you thought about talking to your grandmother about this situation?) The school counselors have seen and heard everything. They also keep confidences.