Question about bikes?

BUSTER

Sep 24, 2008
It depends on what type of racing bike and the terrain. Do you mean a racing BMX bike vs a regular BMX bike?

Typically the main differances between a racing or performance bike and a regular bike are the weight and quality of components, with the racing bike being much lighter than a regular store bought bike (tank).

You can also select different ratios for the chainring and rear sprocket that affect speed.

how much faster is a racing bike than a BMX? Is it even faster? Sorry, I really don't know.
I mean like a racing road bike or a regular bmx.

The speed is astonishing when you first ride the road bike and you are used to a BMX. the top speed on a road, depending on your legs and the bike's specs is around 30 mph for a rider who does not train regularly. if speed is what you want a track bike converted for the road is what you want. Acceleration is really slow but it's totally made up for in top speed (about 40?). a BMX bike is about the slowest bike type there is on any terrain. if you go with the road bike, wear a helmet. any crash you are in at those speeds WILL kill you without one. I was just in a minor crash and fractured my wrist. any crash will have enough force to kill you many times over making this the most fun mode of transportation there is.

Back