Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buying American Cars?

Since I arrived here in the U.S. (legally) in 1959 I have always where possible bought American products.

I own a Jeep so does my husband ( where we live we need a 4wd )

If the UAW does not want to take a pay cut then I I feel that they are going to be doing themselves an injustice because I don't want to buy American cars anymore.

If more people feel like we do then how are they going to get back in the black if no one wants to buy their cars?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel the same way you do. (It's sad, isn't it?) I'll buy an American car when they produce one I want to drive and do so at a reasonable price. Until then, they don't deserve my business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem with American automoblies is NOT the rate of pay for assymbling them. They are engineered to be a poor quality product. The guys in the white shirts called "management" caused the failure, not the blue collar guys, who simply want to own homes, which they did not cause to be overpriced, and remain healthy, which does not cause doctors to need higher salaries. Look at the root of cost of living to see the truth about what people need to earn. Cost of production is based on energy- and I'm talking about food, health and shelter. You cannot afford that with low wages. So, when you see houses priced at 10 times the median income of any given area, realize that the cause is greed of speculators who do little work to take large gain. Compare that to auto workers who work a geat deal to not earn as much as real estate speculators. If UAW needs to cut pay of union workers, then all costs need to be regulated downward.

Look around you and see how America has changed so much since 1959: If you could buy an American made TV, you might- but there aren't any and haven't been for years. You think you're buying American made products today. You need to read the labels and see how much of what you buy is NOT American made. American auto makers are partnered with Mazda, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Toyota and many others and that has kept them going so long. Don't feel so bad when you buy a Toyota that was built in FREMONT, CALIFORNIA.