Best GPS system suggestions?

midnightxox

Dec 5, 2008
I want to get my dad a GPS for christmas and i wanna know what are the best company's to look at and which ones to avoid. if u have any sugesstions, please post but nothing too expenisve. nothing over 200$ please.
Also do u have to pay yearly fee's for it ?
He would use it for his car.

There are a lot of GPS systems. Some are good for driving, some are made for airplanes, some for boaters, hikers, and hunters. What do you want your dad to be able to do with this GPS?

I have a Magellan gps and I love it and it is not that expense . I had a navistar and had problems with it and traded it in for the Magellan . I have heard that Tom Tom has had a lot of problems so I have not even looked at them . I got my son a Magellan for Christmas and I have another friend that has one and never has had problems with it.
The only thing I have seen on it is if roads have been updated recently and it tell s you to stay in the wrong lane one time , but got on the website and it was corrected with no problems. There is not a yearly fee associated with these systems they are not like the sat. radio systems .
good luck and I know that your dad will love his gps system . I don't' know how I got along without one for this long . sort of like cell phones now compared to back then

Back