Stop gossiping about teachers?

DaniK

Sep 6, 2008
I have a social studies teacher who's in his mid-20's. I'm in eighth grade at suburban Southern school. This teacher is really cool, a great educator, and all the kids love him. However, he is also secretly in a punk band that plays at local bars. This guy does NOT at ALL look like the punk type. You can find his gigs on YouTube, and recently some odd things have occurred. A female teacher of the same age across the hall has been visiting him a lot lately, and one of our other teachers told us that he broke up with his other girlfriend. They came in the same car to a school concert together and were very close, chatting like crazy. The next day was uproar. He doesn't have tenure, so the gossip I'm sure is really hurtful to him getting tenure. He's a really nice guy, but all the kids and even our teachers talk about him. It's even hard for me to stop talking about the relationship. How can we stop gossiping about them? Thanks so much!
Yeah, he's not married. I try not to gossip about him and the other teacher, but most of our class can't help it. Eighth graders are wicked

Find out something better and more interesting to talk about, preferably NOT gossip. lol :)

If your feeling that bad about gossiping about him then stop, if you don't stop then you really don't feel bad about it.

Ha ha... that's nothing for drama/gossip. how bout when I was barely 18 in boarding school I was caught making out with my gorgeous 27 year old equine teacher (horse teacher) after class. true story! :D Unfortunately she was fired. :( Anyway, if you want to stop gossiping, first step would be to Stop gossiping! For example, posting blogs about it! ha ha The solution starts with you... now apply that to every other situation in life. ;)

I very much doubt that if he isn't married, his being involved with another teacher would hurt his chances at tenure. You can't stop others from gossiping, all you can do is to stop talking about him yourself and to refuse to listen to others who want to gossip. Just tell them you really don't want to hear about it and walk away.

realized that your teacher is a human and has a life outside of school. you also have to understand that teachers spend TONS of time at work, and while most relationships are work-related, sometimes teachers develop more personal relationships. for example, you are student and school is your job, but you will still date your colleagues. it is, within reason, the same thing. just try to see that your teachers are people who have lives that they lead outside of their job.

Back