How many Republicans own a Subaru?

JayL

May 15, 2008
Ok, so I just saw the latest Subaru commercial and it emphasizes everything that I hate about Subarus. I live in Boulder, Colorado, one of the most liberal towns in this fine country and Subarus are a plenty... believe me. The majority of them, much like the commercial, are plastered with hippie stickers... then to finish the commercial, they say they are going to donate to your charity of choice... yeah. So, needless to say, I will probably never buy a Subaru, but am wondering how many "non-bleeding heart" people out there have a Subaru.

Wittiest comment back wins the best answer award. This isn't a serious question, rather a tongue in cheek type... have fun with it.

My asshole neighbor has one. He belongs to Mensa and never says hi to me. Yeah, I'd say he definitely has an inferiority complex about him.

I 100% agree with you. It's one of those things that tells you a person is a moron before you even have to speak with them.

What I mean is, those stupid glasses Tina Fey has, Apple Computers, the Starbucks cup walk...

we don't have to many Subaru's here in nyc, i see a few outbacks once in a while and a impreza or two but that's about it.

I have a friend who's (unfortunately) a staunch libertarian - if it wasn't for the fact we grew up together we'd probably be at one anothers' throat, but I got him into cars, and he got a Subaru Impreza WRX STi. So it's not a semi-offroad, granola-crunching Subie but it's still a Subie.

You see a lot of rednecks in Southern WA that drive older Loyales since they're cheap, reliable, and 4wd.

Stoopid hippies. I live in Steamboat Springs (Hi neighbor). A few years ago the rainbow family held their annual fest here. Did not see them in any subies, they were to busy panhandling. I have driven them for years though, as they handle great in the snow and are not very expensive. The hippie status vehicle 'round here is an old school bus (really).

I go out of my way to run Volvo and Subarus off the road with my big azz pick up truck if they have any of these bumper stickers on them:

1-20-09
No War For Oil
Any kind of peace sticker
Kerry 2004
Gore 2000
My kid is an Honor student at......
NPR

Subaru management has decided to abandon the more conservative buyer in favor of the very limited looney left market. I noticed the same thing about their advertisements. They are directly appealing to the neo-hippies in the midst. I'll never buy one.

in this great country of ours we can own any damn car or truck we want to and that's that

Back