Since the US deficit is virtually impossible to pay off, what will happen in

§VH§

Jul 26, 2008
the future? Do the math, there's practically no way that the 10 trillion dollar debt (55 trillion including things like health care and all that, the fine print) will ever be payed off, even if the economy has a massive uprising. I don't see what will happen... is it too early to say that there will be a massive war or something over this?

Eventually the country will be bought up by the Communist Chinese for mere fractions of a penny on the dollar, and we will all be herded into prison camps.

I don't think that our debt can be paid off either unless they radically change America by removing more of our rights to get our money and have taxes that take out an insane amount out of our job paychecks. The world will probably go into a massive war but around the end of our lives so we will probably be dead already or to senile to notice anything. Then again you never know. I think it be pretty cool to have a world like Fist of the North Star/Fallout though. Those things wouldn't matter anymore and the positions of those that started the war ,when they emerge from their war bunkers, would mean nothing and they'd get raped by the angry inhabitants of the planet.

No, the money just never existed. We got so far in a hole to pay for so much stuff that now its just an awful number that people gawk at. It has no real meaning since everyone knows it can't be paid off, its money that will never be there.

no war. what's the point? US wealth is in the economy, not in land or resources. war will hurt the economy even more than debt.

the worst that could happen is US defaulting on it's debt, which will mean tough times for a few years, but then things will pick up. The strength of US is ability to adapt and survive.

Back