Is my 400 meter sprint time good for a 14 year old girl?

BGirlH

Apr 4, 2008
My fastest is 59 seconds .

How about you? and is my time good or bad?

How can I improve?
OMG! I jsut realized I wrote 59 seconds haha I wish! lol

Thanks for saying the Patch!

haha I don't know why I wrote that.. that's my brother's time haha

Mine is 1 minute and 15 seconds haha haha wow lol
August K- Thank you! I usually run the 200 meter (25.5 seconds) and shot put but I really want to try the 400. I tried it once today. Thanks for the tips!

woo?i dont know ha.

hey-
i'm twelve, turning thirteen in august, and i just tried out for the track team recently. my 400 meter time was the same as yours.. the guys said i killed everyone else.. i dont know if i made it yet though.
p.s. that day wwas the first time i ran the 400 meter.

i just started running track last month, just turned 14 and my 400 meter time is 58 seconds, i am a distance runner though so its a lot harder to run sprinting...but distance girls have harder workouts so maybe that helps your ability to run the lap faster and harder. Try running with some distance girls for a while, though it may be hard for you if you are a sprinter, at my school on a normal workout day (every day after school) we run 8 miles or more and we are very competitive...so be prepared to run for a long time and be in a lot of pain if you do this...its worth it though :):be polite:

I'm 14, and my best 400 meter dash was 1:05. :capitulate:

for 14 a 59 is pretty decent.
Running a 59 in AAU( amatuer athletic union ) Track a 59 will get you no where. 56 or 54s are more competetive!:)

Well I'm 12 and I've run a 1:21 ( I only got to run the 400 twice) my friend is 13 and she got a 1:12 in the 400.

Back