My stereo doesn't have AUX inputs, is there any way I can connect my PC to it?

JO

Jun 9, 2008
I have a JVC stereo that I want to hook my PC to. It has RCA input sockets, but none are labelled AUX.

One pair of RCA sockets is labelled "PHONO," one pair is labelled "DAT/VCR Play" and one pair is labelled "DAT/VCR Rec."

With the right cable (I know what cable I need), will it work? and if so, which socket should I plug it into? There's no AUX inputs like I said, just the ones listed above. I've hooked the "DAT/VCR Play" up with my TV and that works fine.

Help would be appreciated.

You can use any RCA input, except for "phono" which connects to a phono amplifier.

So, just pick a free input and use that.

connect a headphone wire to the aux, but leave the metal tip that u connect to the computer and connect the wires to the aux. so insteas the voice going to headphone speakers, now it is going the aux. remember u have the headphone speakers. buy a head set for a dollar, that works perfectly

It does not matter what they are labeled as. If they are RCA audio connections you should be able to use them. Coming from the PC you might need to get an adapter that converts the headphone line out to RCA.

It does not matter what they are labeled as. If they are RCA audio connections you should be able to use them. Coming from the PC you might need to get an adapter that converts the headphone line out to RCA.

Back