Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Toyota Camry 2000 XLE V6 with stock speakers. Can anyone tell me how big...

...they are? Because I love my speakers. The bass is extremely good for stock speakers. I wanna know how big they are and the maker. When I got this car I was searching for new sound system, but after using these for a while I am very pleased.

So how big, who makes them, and any other owners love their speakers like I do?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    ...they are? Because I love my speakers. The bass is extremely good for stock speakers. I wanna know how big they are and the maker. When I got this car I was searching for new sound system, but after using these for a while I am very pleased.

So how big, who makes them, and any other owners love their speakers like I do?
    I'm making an assumption that the XLE is the same as the LE, which I own.

The sizes of the speakers are 6 3/4 round in the front doors (with a 1" tweet by the mirrors). The rear deck has 6x9's (which are what give you the nice bass)...

As to the maker, I am unsure. There are no markings on the stock speakers. You can replace them with any brand speaker, and the sound you get out of them will depend on the quality of the speaker you choose to replace it with. Any decent brand name (Infinity, Kicker, Kenwood, and about 100 others) will sound good. Just keep in mind that your stock deck puts out about 20 watts RMS per channel, so you should get a speaker designed to operate in that wattage range...

Unregistered

speakers

I have a 2000 Camry XLE that had factory JBL speakers made for Toyota. I just replaced them with JBL GTO series and they are more powerful and a bit clearer. The original ones weren't bad, but I put a new deck in and wanted to be able to push them a bit harder. They a not very difficult to replace, but make sure you buy the speaker adaptors...the OEM ones are housed in a plastic frame that uses three bolts instead of four. The holes won't line up with the new speaker's mounting holes. I found the adaptors on ebay for pretty cheap. Makes the install go smoothly. The front ones also allow you to use a 6.5" round, which is a much more common size than 6 3/4.

Dimitra

Heart New 2007 Camry XLE..speaker size

Hey guys, I have a toyota camry XLE 2007. I want to switch the speakers and was wondering what size I would need. My friend mentioned 6''9 but Im really not sure. I know my car has 8 speakers two of them being twitters, 2 being woofers, and the last 4 which are in the back. The 4 are the ones I want to replace. I want JL speakers but do not know what size would work? Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you!!