Is it okay to greet "Happy Holidays" or "happy thanksgiving" to an ex? pls read

MissIndependentt1

Nov 21, 2008
Is it okay to greet "Happy Holidays" or "happy thanksgiving" to an ex? pls read

on and tell me your opinion..? Hey people

My bf (now ex) and I broke up on last week of September this year. Its been over 2 months now since we have broken up. We've been together for 3.5 years. We haven't talked nor seen each other since the break up. He initiated the break up and honestly I got really hurt. The reason why we broke up because I was all stress out and I was making little things bigger. He got fed up and we cooled off. After 10 days, he broke up with me. he said he wanted to be alone. I just cried and got hurt..but I had no choice but to let him go..

I am learning to move on now, but still hurting and sad. Its like a roller coaster feeling...sometimes I'm super happy like I'm so moving on..sometimes I just break down and cry. But the thing is, I dont wanna go back anymore. I just wished we will be good friends..maybe not now..but down the road. I wanna be friend with him, not because I wanna go back to him..but I don't wanna lose him in my life. Until now we still dont contact each other...

Now my question is since Holidays are coming up..is it okay to atleast text him to say "Happy Thanksgiving", "Merry Christmas", "Happy New Year"..things like that??! I mean, I have no intention of getting back..just pure good friendship intention. I just wanna be a good friend..thats all, not to get back with him whatsoever. But I dont wanna look pathetic and needy cuz I'm not like that!

I need some good advise! Thanks guys...

Back