Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    cherry-o

Sprint cell "casual data usage," possible scam?

Anyone else use Sprint and get charged for 'casual data usage' on their bill...cancel any possibility of using the internet, downloading pictures, playing games, etc. with customer care, and support, and still get a surprising extra 25.00 on your next bill? They do end up removing it, and saying, Oh, so sorry, not sure why that is happening...yeah, right!
    If I get ONE MORE BILL FROM SPRINT with the casual data usage charge, I'm going to the press, then the BBB, then every forum on the Internet, maybe set up a blog too.

I'm sick of getting ripped off by big corporations with their India tech support at a dime an hour.

bruceharrell24
    sprint charges if you use data at all and do not have one of their data plans. their reps get payed for adding this to your account so if it gets added after you call this is what they are doing. sprint did change their taxes on bills so you can cancel your account now without penality if you call and ask them this. you might have to talk to a supervisor to get it fixed. they changed alot of peoples in december so you might only have intil the 18th of this month to get it done. i keep running into this when i am helping customers get this fixed.

Unregistered

data usage scam

They do this to me every month. i filed a complaint last month with the bbb & am waiting for resolve. IT IS A SCAM!! you should also put in a complaint...

Unregistered
    Definitely a scam...finally filed a complaint with the BBB and Sprint is working on the issue; but still unresolved. In no way, shape or form have any of our lines EVER accessed the internet........

Unregistered
    Yes! Its a scam! I call spring every month about the data useage from my picture sending. If you bitch enough, they remove the changes. Now i'm suck with a 2 year contract and this scam. I have sent an email to BBB

gamersfj
    I thought "no data plan" means "no service offered, no money charged". But for Sprint it means "no data plan? we'll just charge $30 per megabyte then"
    No surprise that you will not find this little additional service in plan description - it should be a surprise for you. Who in their mind gonna pay $30 per meg what means like $5 per email and $50 per MP3 track if warned ahead?
    Here comes the more interesting part - you actually don't have to do anything to get extra $75 (it's max charge per line for "casual data exchange") per month. Some phones they offer do connect to the network by themselves to download updates and thnings like that. And 2,5 megs that will make $75 is almost nothing these days.