"Give Me That Old Time Religion, it was good enough for mother, it was..."?

gwens18a

Nov 17, 2008
"Well it was good enough for mother it was good enough for papa It was good enough for sister and it's good enough for me
Give me that old time religion..."

Well that's Buck Owen's version, but there are many that are similar. They all make claims that that old time religion was good enough for somebody (usually older) so therefore "it's good enough for me".
Do Christians still sing this little hymn?

Atheists, do you believe as I do that the lyrics of this hymn represent the height of conformism?

We do sing this little song in my church. I would say most do not but it is a very inspirational song in my opinion. Basically God is the same today, tomorrow and forever. Therefore the way our ancestors worshiped God should be good enough for us also.

Honestly I really don't care what people choose to believe as long as it doesn't intrude on me.

I’ve explored just about everything…. Besides the Bible, I've read The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (JW), the Book of Mormon, Holy Blood Holy Grail by Baigent Leigh & Lincoln, The Quran, Darwin's Descent of Man, History of Freemasonry by Albert Pike, the Aquarian Conspiracy by Marilyn Ferguson, Confucious, Life & Teaching of the Masters of the Far East by Spalding, etc......

and the EMPTY tomb STILL speaks VOLUMES…….

exactly what have YOU studied???????

Back