Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What happens when you are on your period and you take birth control?!?

i started my period and i took birth control,hoping it would stop my period for the week but it hasnt,does it make it last longer?! is there any bad side effects?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    For me my period didnt stop, but it was much lighter. and i had it way longer then the usual four to five days. i didnt have any bad side effects, but i felt dizzy and naughous for a few hours after i took the pill for the first time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its not going to cause you any problems - women who want to start taking the pill are often advised to do so on the first day of their period. However, it does commonly lead to prolonged bleeding. If you wan't to actually be using Birth Control (to prevent a pregnancy) then you should continue taking it but be prepared to bleed for up to a month. If you don't need it for contraception and want to stop taking it - stop now, and you should have stopped bleeding after about a week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well if you just now started your period and you took it a week ago theres your problem.

Your always suppost to wait until your done with your period is done with, and then take your birth control pills. Right now your stuck in a rut so I suggest you stop taking it, wait a full month, then take it a week after you next period starts. This way your back on the right track. If not your gonna run into some problems. Constant periods, harder periods, and lots of stress caused by this, thich will inturn cause acne.

~RED

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, side effects vary. keep taking the pill. i think the way it is prescribed nowadays is to take it with your period when you are starting out. take it at the same time every day (within 30 minutes of the "chosen time", and patients generally like the noon hour). Read the leaflet that came with the drug. Your period will show improvement in the months to come. stay on it, the benefits are great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, side effects vary. keep taking the pill. i think the way it is prescribed nowadays is to take it with your period when you are starting out. take it at the same time every day (within 30 minutes of the "chosen time", and patients generally like the noon hour). Read the leaflet that came with the drug. Your period will show improvement in the months to come. stay on it, the benefits are great.