Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you studied other religions or are you so glued to your own beliefs?

Please help me to understand this hereditary condition we call religion. Some people just pass down religion through the family like an heirloom. Do you really question your beliefs? Not in a blasphemous non believing question, but have you searched for truth beyond what your parents fed you? I find that so many people just accept things like sheep, I know the Lord is you Shepherd but seriously.

For instance, there are lots of similarities between christianity and the muslim faith. Do people even know that the Koran speaks about Jesus? I think if we concentrated on the similarities of religion we can find truth. What do you believe? Why are some people so adverse to learning about other beliefs and cultures?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was never introduced to God or religion at all when I was a child. I didn't know about the possibilities of a god or even the absence of one. However I whenever I had a question about anything (and I still do so today) I look it up. I've always said there is no better answer you can get from people than one you couldn't find yourself.

Junior Member YoungBlackandSmart's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a creationist and theist and have studied other ideologies and have found so many errors in them.

1st of all... you gave me no evidence for proving the dumbass big bang theory.

2nd of all.. black holes are theoretical and have never been proven. how can you even see a black hole if it's supposed to be strong enough to suck in light????

3rdly... explain to me this: if the big bang caused a huge explosion and every particle moved outward from one point, how is it that the particles started to slow down and spin (to make stars) if there's no friction? how could the particles change direction in a void instead of just maintaining the same vector forever?? in other words, how could the stars possibly form???

4thly... where did all your "stuff" from the big bang come from??? where did the energy for the "bang" come from??? where did the laws of physics come from??? and why do the laws stay constant forever and don't evolve after billions of years???

5) if the big bang only contained hydrogen and helium, how did all the other elements form?? nobody's ever been able to make any other elements in the lab with only those two elements... what makes you think they could possibly form other elements by themselves???

6) the laws of physics prevents gas from packing together + there is too little density in outer space + there is nothing to attract particles in outer space. so how could so much gas clump together to form a gravitational pull so strong to create a star by itself??

7) there's zillions of stars out in space (that we know about). how come we've seen so many stars blow up throughout history, but not one single star form??? in order to form the many stars out in space (that we know about) since the beginning of the universe, 1 star should be born about

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't study other religions until I became grounded in the truth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    we are generally raised to have strong beliefs, i am exposed to other religions like christianity because christians live in my society, but the more i know of other religions the more i am glued to mine,islam...i can not find its perfectness any where else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you and it is sickening to know that ppl can just pass down a religion or their children without letting their children discover other religions or even the evolution theory.

I was forced into being a methodist and at the age of 16 started questioning why I was a christian and why everything was the way they said it was. I then told my parents I was no longer going to church. I took a class called world religions. It really opened my eyes up to things and I made my final decision to become Atheist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Religion is no longer as "inherited" as you think. We live in a consumer-oriented society, and people shop for what works for them.

Did you buy and Oldsmobile because your father had one? Nope. But 40 years ago, you had that type of brand loyalty. It doesn't exist anymore, and family loyalty to a church or religion is by and large, gone.

And in answer to your inquiry on Islam, I've studied that too, and they are nothing alike (Christianty and Islam) . If you think there is, you haven't studied Christianity from primary sources.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there should be an effort to learn various religious doctrines.
    I think there should also be an effort to analyze human morality, ( what's right and wrong as it pertains to the benefit of others around us)

The Bible says that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. And it also says that human righteousness is as filty rags to God ( exactly what that means in the a mid east culture , filthy rags, of the time i do not know. I would love insight if anyone knows)

Also, i think , people need to really think about how important each individual human life is on this planet and if they are important, then why.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have studied other religions. Evolution is a religion, not a science.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've learned key basic points of a great variety of religions. I have read most religious texts. I am a master nor believer of none.