What is blu ray? And do you need a certain dvd player for it?

ABQmommy2007

Nov 20, 2008
Playstation 3 or a blue ray player will both work to play these types of movies. The regular DVD is different. The blue ray will not work on a regular DVD player. It is just another new technology and will likely become increasingly cheaper to own as time passes, just like any other new media.

i have NO idea what all these blu ray movies are that are coming out!? I have an HD tv 50 inch or something so what do i need to play a blu ray disc?

Playstation 3 or a blue ray player will both work to play these types of movies. The regular DVD is different. The blue ray will not work on a regular DVD player. It is just another new technology and will likely become increasingly cheaper to own as time passes, just like any other new media.

well if u put any disk into a ps3 it will play in hd cuz it has blu ray in it its just sumthing that makes the quality so much better. hope this helped

you need a bluray player. they can be kind of expensive, but theyre always going down in price. bluray is the high definition video media. think dvd, but in HD. if you want a bluray player, you might want to check out the ps3, it plays them wonderfully(ive done it a few times on hdtv's), plus if you have kids, its a great gaming console.

Back