MMA vs Traditional Martial Arts which would win in a death match?

CHUCO

Oct 22, 2008
Im kinda tired of MMA people thinking that their style is the most Ultimate and greatest! MMA is cool to watch and it does have effective fighting tactics but its a sport stylized martial art most traditional martial arts train with out the restrictions of rules and were created to protect and kill in life and death situations. So this bring me to my topic question if an MMA master were to fight a traditional martial arts master (karate, kung fu, etc) which do you think would win and kill its opponet easily? and why?

mma would dominate anyday anytime of the week.... cuase most martial arts is all on feet attack... as soon as that fight goes to the ground against a mma "master" he will jus ground and pound his butt to death, hands down

it's tough depends on who the fighter is.. both uses martial arts so it's really anyone's game. i think tradition martial arts might have an edge because in the old days, you fight to kill.

I consider MMA a sport, not a real martial art. Very few martial arts are actual combat martial arts that teach one how to kill an opponent. Even though it all boils down to the individual person, I believe a real martial artist ("traditional martial artist") would be the victor.

Someone like Thomas LaPuppet, Fred Wren, Joe Lewis, Bill Wallace, or Ron Marchini would win because MMA people don't know their kata.

I get tired of people like you asking these versus questions. What do classify as a traditional art? Muay Thai is just as old as Karate, and Wrestling dates back before Kung Fu. Just because there is no gi or colored belts worn (which btw weren't used until after WW2) doesn't mean its not traditional. You say your sick of MMA people thinking their style is better. Well, if you bothered to even look at the questions asked here you would see more so called traditional artists bashing MMA then the other way around.

I think in a street fight, an MMA person would destroy a Traditional Martial Artist, but if it was like a scheduled sanctioned fight where they both were free to do anything goes...then I would still say about even. although i would probably put my money on MMA. Martial Artists are good fighters, and deserve respect, they are very disciplined and patient. however in all honesty i think they would get killed.

I've heard a lot of MMA guys say that it is their Wrestling that helps them win, but in a death match:

I would take a master like Bruce Lee over ANY person alive today to fight to the death. At about 160 pounds, that man was very strong.

Yea, I can hear the thumbs down clicking right now, but I bet it's true.

mma is just a bunch of traditional martial arts in one... so mma would probably win

Hand to hand I would have to believe an MMA fighter would win because of his abilities to take hits and use styles that are better against specific styles. However, many martial arts aren't pure hand to hand combat. Give someone who knows Tae Kwon Do a pole and we'll see how well Brock Lesner holds up :)

the only thing i can say is you tend to fight the way you train. when you been at it for years, that it is almost second nature. you don't have to think to much about it. most mma fighters will train none stop to compete in organized sport.when a MA trains to its generally to real life.

MMA....sorry....but its been tried....there have been SEVERAL traditional "masters" that have tried there luck in no holds barred matches....and they were ALL quickly defeated....
I respect anyone who trains in anything....BUT, you have to be realistic....besides, remember that the the techniques used in MMA, were originally taken from the traditional arts....

Back