Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can anyone with any intelligence what so ever believe in religion?

With all the different religions out there how can anyone believe they are part of the right one? Christianity is 2,000 years old and only about 500 years older than Islam. But that doesn't even come close to how long humanity has been around. What do Christians and Muslims believe happens to all the people who lived before those religions even existed?

:side note: I'm referring to Christianity and Islam just for the simple fact that they have the most followers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Followers of religion have a different standard of proof than atheists do. That said, if you'd ever actually studied Christianity, you would know what they believe happened to the people that were born before Christ.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe Jesus died for all of mankind. I also believe our spirits are reincarnated so the people who died before received a chance at heaven in another life..... reincarnation will end when Jesus returns.
    I have live my life a Christan - non- Christan and found in the end The Lord is the answer.....
    I don't believe having faith makes you unintelligent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe Jesus died for all of mankind. I also believe our spirits are reincarnated so the people who died before received a chance at heaven in another life..... reincarnation will end when Jesus returns.
    I have live my life a Christan - non- Christan and found in the end The Lord is the answer.....

I don't believe having faith makes you unintelligent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even the most intelligent person can be brainwashed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are as many intelligent christians as there are intelligent atheists. The reverse is also true (just as many idiotic christians as idiotic atheists).

It takes all kinds. And religion has nothing to do with the belief in God or Jesus. IMO

Unregistered
    Us humans over the eons of time have shown that we need to worship something higher that ourselves.

This is seen in all the various gods in all cultures through all of history.

Yes there are many interpritations of various religions. Christianity is fragmneted and so is Islam.

The "true" religion will have a major force for good in the lives of those that follow it.

Unregistered
    For millenia mankind has had the need to make up something higher than themselves to explain the physical world around them and provide a ticket out of death. Then entered modern science. Logic and reason replaces belief and faith. Thus man evolves....