Why do you suppose there's a category for religion and spirituality...?

LoraineA

Jul 18, 2008
But not for atheism or agnosticism?
Rockin Robin: How interesting! I just have never put the words spiritual and atheist in the same sentence...till now. I find that extremely interesting. Thank you
StarAngel: Thanks...God loves you!
grandpa: Depends on who you're referring to.
global trotter: Very good answer...I liked that.
Hey, all of you, I just asked a question... don't get mad.

Probably because Atheism/Agnosticism would still fall under a discussion of religion (or lack of it) etc. :)

Is so funny how believers (in general) are all the same in anywhere... For 2 years i learn about their beliefs, their behavior, among other things in the R&S section of Y!Answers for Latin America and Spain (millions and millions of participants), and believers say the same thing!!

There is no way that some people understand that the Spirituality is not exclusive of religion... And worst, they simply can't understand that everybody has the right to express their opinion about the things that matters to them.

you could try asking YA (email them) I think it would be a good idea to seperate us. yeah a bit like the wheat from the chaff. then it will be clear to see who has more manners lol!

Why do you suppose there's a category for religion and spirituality...?

But not for Christianity?

If you bunch all of the same-minded people into the same place, all you'll get is the same stuff over and over again. Atheists and agnostics make this section all the more exciting, because we get to see everyone's point of view.

Because atheism and agnosticism are stances based on religion.

Why do you suppose there's not a category for Christianity? It's because this is a place for ALL people to talk about ALL aspects of religion and spirituality ... positive and negative.

Besides, do you think atheists can't be spiritual, or take an interest in religion?

Religion is a collective organization. Where spirituality is an individual thought process, and it's a much deeper activity of human minds, IMO. As a result, one can conclude ones theory into atheism, agnosticism. Or one can be ever evolving in ones thought process w/o coming to a conclusion, ever or never. It's a choice we make.

Because Religion and Spirituality is about religious beliefs in general.

There is a category for Atheists and Agnostics...It's the SCIENCE category.

I wish they'd have a section for each religion ... and one for the atheists and one for agnostics etc. and that the other people who object would stay out of these sections and stay in their own section. I think they should be able to peek into the other sections....but not make comments.

well atheism is not an ideology, that is like saying we should make up a category for not believing in goblins.
And agnosticism is a worthless concept in terms of beliefs.

There is a seperate category for religion and spirituality because religious people get offended when you compare their religions to mythology

Back