Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    losing my mind

rat bedding? suggestions?

I have always used wood shavings from pets at home and never had a problem although looking into it I have read that this can cause problems to rats. However im having trouble finding anything else, either in the local shops or online. Can anyone suggest an alternative that I can order online which is safe, value for money and will last a fairly long time. I only have the one cage.

COUNTRY GIRL
    well i use news paper and leaves my rats love it, or you can go to petco they have some of the best bedding around my rats loved it! the only reason i stopped useing it is because i found out i was alergic to it

karen w
    sand

♄SexyLilGymThing♄
    Carefresh. You can buy it at PetSmart.

Ben E
    use shredded papper!

P B
    you can use ripped up toilet paper it is easy to find

reader1213
    Any recycled bedding products such as carefresh. Or even Aspen, Pellet Bedding such as "Yesterdays News"(Not literally yesterdays news) ,Cloth is good for rats and people with allergies as well. Try this site: http://ratguide.com/care/environment/cage_bedding_litter.php

Oh My What To Do!
    I used to use shredded paper (bills/bank statements etc) I was told that that was not good because of the inks but used it for years for rats, hamsters, guineapigs and in the cat litter tray!!! And the best thing about it is I dont have to worry about anyone stealing my identity, face it would you want to go through shredded paper thats covered in animal muck!!

Ladyfromdrum
    I always take the contents of my shredder round to a local animal rescue shelter. They use it as bedding for their rescued rats, hamsters, gerbils, rabbits etc.
    We should all shred our sensitive papers with personal details on and this would be an eco-friendly way of putting it to good use.

Billy S
    I used to have a rat..she usually slept in my bed though...when she was in her cage she liked to sleep in straw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast