I Luckily Got Out Of A Car Contract! And I Now Know That..?

Giselle

Jun 8, 2008
it is much better to be patient, as it will pay off in the future.
Im in school, I work a part time job which is pretty far from
where i live. my family is moving to an area i dont like very well.
ive lived in one neighborhood basically my whole life
but i usually spend most of my time with my boyfriend..
we have almost two years together, anyways. the point is..
I MADE A VERY BAD DECISION BY RUSHING INTO THINGS
thinking that i needed the car immediately. we went to one dealer
and the people were rude and the car was too expensive for a used
one. so we went to another one, like two blocks away, i saw a car
i liked, ((my uncle was getting the car under his name)) he has had
bankruptcy and a collection account, so his credit isnt all that good either. So they offered me a chevy malibu 04. It looked nice from the outside but the inside was old and the paint was kind of coming off. i saw a MITSUBISHI GALANT 04 next to it, very nice from outside and inside, had everything, was a 4 cylinder (A BIG PLUS AROUND THIS TIME WHERE GAS IS SO EXPENSIVE) so we decided to take it, we were in a hurry because my boyfriend was late to work 2 hours and a half already so we signed the deal. not really paying attention to the INTEREST RATE and the TOTAL COST of the car. they told us the total cost would be $12,500. but in the top of the page it said $22,000.
by the 3rd hour of driving the car the brakes began making terrible screeching noises. it was so loud and embarrassing. the wheels were very used, they told us the car had a 2yr warranty and when we took it back they didnt want to fix it ! they said it had new brakes. i guess the guy got fed up with me and decided to cancel the contract. i cant be any more relieved !! i did love the car ALREADY lol but hey, i rather get a much older car for much less money while im in school, because i cant be SURE im going to have this job for long, and if im going to have enought TIME to work in a few years, while being in school.

JUST DONT BUY ANYTHING WHEN YOU'RE RUSHED.
NO MATTER HOW SWEET THEY MAKE IT SOUND, TO MAKE
A DECISION LIKE THAT, YOU NEED TIME, PATIENCE, AND A PERSON WITH EXPERIENCE WHOM YOU TRUST TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH IT ALL, BECAUSE IT IS A DEBT THAT CAN LAST YOU LONGER THAN YOU THINK!!

Back