Religion is Peaceful?

mmQueenMiamm

Oct 18, 2008
Like I don't want to bash anyone religion or anything but I don't get it at all. I don't see how religion is a peaceful thing. Like mostly all wars have a connection with religion. Usaully fighting, hating other religions, etc... I don't see how that is peaceful. Thats why I don't want religion to be part of my life. Can someone explain?..
Does anyone else have the same feelings?

To answer the user's question all I can say is be open minded and respect other peoples beliefs even though you may not believe them. If your going to discredit some ones belief do it intelligently not ignorantly.

War on religion is man made. The Character of Jesus is about loving our neightbors. Man still doesn't get it.

good question..i personally belong to a religion,i believe in the basics abt it but once i think abt in deeply i dont find any religion peaceful (includin my own),people r fighting with eachother,punishing the sinners
so it is a very good question i hope WE get good explaination

Not all religious people feel that way. I certainly believe that using a loving God as an excuse for war, torture, murder, etc. is the greatest blasphemy one can commit.

I am a Catholic
the Bible teaches great value, The same goes with religion.

Many say they want a world without religion and start insulting the 10 commandments because it has "I am the Lord Your God". Then I also hear people say they can learn these statements without religion and the monuments,
YOU SHALL NOT KILL
YOU SHALL NOT STEAL
YOU SHAL HONOR YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER
YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT AUDALTERY

BUT I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING.
I only see violence and crimes rising as we go on. And its faith and knowing that God is watching you that keeps you from commiting sins.

Thats why I state we would have less violence if more people followed these statements instead of bashing them down.
And can say the same for anyone with a thumbs down on this messege for it is the same as bashing down those statements
YOU SHALL NOT KILL
YOU SHALL NOT STEAL
YOU SHAL HONOR YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER
YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT AUDALTERY

Yes, religion isn't peaceful, the person themself is or isn't peaceful. Before anyone gets offended, I love everyone everywhere, I do NOT love religion. It is a word only, empty at that and it divides.

Love is the greatest aspect of God, religion is not. "Identifying" with religion causes chaos and war and it mostly divides people.

When I see someone from India I see the person I do NOT see a hindu, when I see someone from Asia, I do NOT see a buddhist I see a person, etc.... :) When I see someone from Iraq or Iran I do NOT see a muslim or islam, I see a person.

When I see someone from Israel, I do NOT see a jew or a hebrew, I see a person, a human being......

People are peaceful, religion is not. People are tangible, religion is not......

It is the psychological make up of human beings. It is the greed, and lust for power that causes wars not religion! The basis is the "Us" vs "Them" mentality that comes with prejudice and bigotry. It isn't belonging to a religion that will make you a peaceful person. I suspect the Dalai Lama is probably less prejudice and more a mechanism for peace than you.

You are correct. More people have died in the name of religion than from any other disease, plague or non-religious wars.

Wait till peace comes which will be soon now cause hells being going on earth for lot of time.

Anyone help me:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081022131256AAawFdK

i think that religion is not violent it is that the people that misuse religion for their own reasons (like george bush)

God bless!

Rain

Back