Fishing ... now that I have retired I am enthusiastic on learning to fish, can...

MikeR

May 18, 2008
...anyone offer advice on gear etc? I have listened to 'Fishermans Blues' on Talk Sport Radio and am impressed by the enthusiasm for fishing on it .. any advice would be great

best thing to do is locate your local fishing tackle shop and pop down yourself and take a look round and ask questions fishing is one of the easiest things to pick up there are books on just about every aspect of fishing the first thing you will need is a rod license and a place to fish once you know what you are going to fish for again tell the store owner and he will equip you out with what you need its dear for the best rods and reels but you will find there are bargins to be had just shop around some local markets have second hand fishing stalls

Congrats on your retirement!!!
I would just search information on the specific lake/pond/river you are fishing and find out what fish are there and what to use to catch them, what technique..etc. etc. Are they bottom feeders, best to fish in the morning, etc, etc.

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Depends on what you going to fish for?? Just get a rod & reel, hook, line, bait (worms, crickets) or the artificial stuff its like red and lime green....look like a little octopus.

You can go into any sporting goods store and ask them. I love to go fishing. It's very relaxing. Funny thing is, I don't like to eat fish. I catch & release.

well it matters what you fish for message me back and tell me and all tell you everything you need

Me too and I just use a cane pole because here in florida there is no license required for catching with it

Back