Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Satellite Internet question?

Ok so im planning on switching to satellite internet. If anyone knows of a good satellite internet provider please let me know. I live in houston, tx if that makes a difference. also I do alot of online gaming so it needs to be pretty fast price doesn't matter all that much as long as it's not outrageous. Thanks in advance.

I have cable but the wiring at my apartment is terrible so its like using dial up its ridiculous

Downloads
    Uploads
    Satellite internet is usually $100 and up and has high latency so games and voice over IP calls are a real problem. Streaming video too.

Sounds like you can't get fiber optic, cable, or DSL service. You might be able to get a cellular card from your phone provider, but keep a close eye on how much data you can use before the price goes sky high (over your limit) this also won't work all that well for gaming etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Satellite internet is usually $100 and up and has high latency so games and voice over IP calls are a real problem. Streaming video too.

Sounds like you can't get fiber optic, cable, or DSL service. You might be able to get a cellular card from your phone provider, but keep a close eye on how much data you can use before the price goes sky high (over your limit) this also won't work all that well for gaming etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Satellite internet access is for people who can't get it any other way, like if you live in the jungle. You'd be better off with anything else. Can't you get cable or DSL in Houston?