I sold an iPhone on eBay and I think the buyer is trying to scam me.?

JoshW

May 22, 2008
I sold a perfectly working 2G iPhone 8 GB and the buyer is trying to convince me that it isn't working.

First he tells me that numbers 2, 6, and 8 don't work. Then he states that there is a deadspot. He emails me back in less than 30 minutes and said that he just went to an Apple Store and back and that one row of numbers don't work now: 4, 5, 6. (He never said those numbers didn't work before.)

Then he states that he wants a "new iPhone" from me.

What should I do to protect myself as a seller on eBay??

I am sure when u sold the phone he must be ok with the product.I think once the item is sold after that it is not ur responsibility. Who knows what he had done to ur sold item . I hope u didn't,t give the person any warranty .If no warranty then tell him to stop bothering you.I think you don't need to negotiate with the person if the person still bothers you go talk to the local police and get help.be brave.

i would offer him a refund when he returns the itme back to you, this is standard ebay policy, you can then check it to see if it is faulty or not.

if not, you can sell it again.

make sure he sends it recorded so he has a ref number or he might try to say its lost on the poist and still wants a refund.

did he pay by paypal? if so this will be the route they will take if he complains to them, if he doesnt then he is trying to scam you, as if i had bought something that didnt work i would be straight on to paypal about it.

hope that helps.

xxx

Back