Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Unregistered
    well i heard about the myxer or w.e ut it doesnt work stupid shit just says that the sidekick doesnt support that kind of download it totally sucks i gotta buy all my ringtones and as for themes....i can download them for free but their all gayy xP

this shit sucks xO

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you're an idiot. the "free" ringtones you download are shortcode subscriptions that i have to explain to your parents every day. if you want to know how to actually customize the sk08 then open a book and learn something about an OS and maybe you'll figure out that ringtones are saved as a header.

btw...it's 2.49 a ringtone. and cry more...making your own ringtones is against copyright law. it's the same as downloading someone's album off a google hit.

get a clue.
    woww you need a life . his problem is a common question most people have why donttt you get a clue lmao

Unregistered
    wtf is wrong with the sidekicks. mine has the same problem

Unregistered

rip off

i hate the whole thing where we're missing like half of the basics on this phone just cause we arent paying 40 fucking extra dollars. I hate t-mobile. If anyone ever figures out a hack to just unlock everything please post it EVERYWHERE you can!

Unregistered

Heart New solution to phone not ringing when getting a text message

i have the same problem acually. i cant really afford internet eiether. but i did find something that will make your phone ring two minutes after you have recieved a message.you just go to menu, sound profiles then just set the timer to two minutes and pick your choice of ring tone. : )

Unregistered

Gun

Stop crying about the sidekick 08 and just save some money and buy the phone you like or love, and before you buy a phone ask questions about the phone you idiots....that's called beening prepared!!!!

Billybobprince

Dude5 Check it out

If you email me At [email protected] i hacked my sidekick 08 to watch videos from n e site n get online on facebook and also get ringtones for free no using da catolog dnt tell tu many people......

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you're an idiot. the "free" ringtones you download are shortcode subscriptions that i have to explain to your parents every day. if you want to know how to actually customize the sk08 then open a book and learn something about an OS and maybe you'll figure out that ringtones are saved as a header.

btw...it's 2.49 a ringtone. and cry more...making your own ringtones is against copyright law. it's the same as downloading someone's album off a google hit.

get a clue.
    Shut the fuck up bitch don't come at him like that damn faggot suck a dick and die slow dick muncher no body cares about the law bitch

Unregistered

sidekcik 2008

I have the sidekick 2008, i jus bought it 2 days ago. And was forced to get the internet package on it because it basically doesnt do anything if there isnt internet on it. Which is what the sidekick is all about, so first of all, stop complaining about it people come on, nobody threatened you into getting the phone..

2nd of all T mobile isnt a bad company so im not complaining, the only things that frustrates me is the ringtones.. I cant even attach it in an email to send it to my tmail account and save it as a ringtone. I really dont want to spend 2.49 on a ringtone. and I cant even find an option to voice record.. Cause sometimes people do that too.. Voice recording ringtones.. I dont know, I think its well worth it. The only things is the ringtone thing. But, i guess thats just how it is and we all have to deal with it right?

All in all i have no problems with it, its what i chose. But, if you really look at it 2.49 is not that bad. especially since there is a website that give you themes for free.. and theres like 7 hundred and something pages so good luck with that. skLXThemes - Free Sidekick LX Themes
    Even though the website says lx.. it works on most sidekicks... I dont know about the slide, but every other sidekick i know it does work.
    Now it took me an entire day just to figure out how to unzip the file and take it out of the folder and put it over blah blah cuz no one had full directions online... so... Im gunna write exactly what i did .....

1. connect your sidekick to the computer via USB
    -the autoplay screen is going to pop up. it has a list of things to do.. what your going to click on is open folder to view files. Then the folders will show. you will see it say exactly this
    DCIM
    Music

2. Your next step is to create another folder called Themes where you see the DCIM and Music folder. In order to do this you right click go down to new, and click new folder.
    -You have to name the folder Themes
    EXACTLY the way i spelled it because then it will not work.

3. Next go to sklxthemes.com
    you can browse through the themes until you find the one or ones you like.
    Download them to a new folder anywhere on your computer as long as you can find that folder. --Now comes the tricky part-

4. Now go to where you downloaded the theme and your going to do 1 of 3 things.
    -If the theme is a zip file:
    your going to right click and extract all. If you cannot extract all what you do is go to this website Download WinZip
    download the winzip program. This program is to unzip the file so you can view it on your sidekick.
    Then your going to follow the directions for winzip, there pretty easy. As i said before, you have to know where you saved the sidekick theme. So DO NOT FORGET!
    Once your file is unzipped you going to double click it.
    Now, if you double click it and it takes you to another folder then your going to copy the file and paste it into the themes folder that you made earlier(the folder where the DCIM, and Music folders are, on your sidekick memory card). But, if there is only one folder than you dont have to worry about that. But make sure you double click to see if there is a folder inside of a folder, because the inside folder is what you need and if you keep the outside folder it will not work.
    -The easy simple way that not everybody gets:
    If your lucky, then your file is automatically unzipped. but thats very unlikely, so follow the steps i gave you. i promise they will work. And if you get confused you are more than welcome to email me at [email protected] I promise to answer you a.s.a.p. because i know how frustrating it was for me to figure this out by myself , so i have no problem helping a sidekick newcommer out. (:

P.S. UNPLUG YOUR SIDEKICK FROM THE COMPUTER, SHUT IT OFF FOR A FEW SECONDS. TURN IT BACK ON. AND THE THEMES SHOULD BE THERE.
    ----IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FIND THE THEMES:
    1. click the upper left button it has 3 lines on it.
    2.Scroll down to themes , scroll over to the right and scroll until you see your theme. Click it. And whalaaaa your done.

--[Lilo]

Unregistered

Helmet sk08

Hahaha jus get tha f pre-paid plan then you'll havee internet!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast