my parents found out i'm gay and they don't accept it what do i do now?

Oct 11, 2008
i just moved home with my parents i'm 16yr old girl and i happen to be gay. I have great grades, athletic, happy, pleasant and everything is great with my parents until last night
i went to a football game at my local highschool with a bunch of girls
i ended up really liking this girl in the group and i found out she likes me
her mom gave me a ride home and she got out and shook hands with my mom
nothing was said about me being gay
I came out to my parents well no they found out when i was 13 and it comes up every once in a while
well i took a shower and when i come out my mom started asking me a bunch of questions and she was very upset
she asked me if i was a homo sexual and i said yes
now she's not talking to me and doesn't understand that i can't just ignore it that i can't just hide it for two yrs till i'm 18
i promised my mom that i won't have sex until i'm 18 and i mean to keep the promise
but what do i do about going to school
how do i not be gay for 2yrs???

Not a choice

human sexuality is determined by age 6, it's not a choice. You cant deny who you are, no more than a straight person can. It has been shown to cause psychological problems for one to deny who they truly are; And i think this makes a point all parents should understand. You cant tell or make your children be who you want them to be. Be true to yourself, there's no denying your sexuality any more than there is for a heterosexual. Society needs to grow up and be understanding and compassionate. There's no compassion in not accepting who your child is, forcing them into the darkness that often leads to suicide. I council teenagers online, and i tell those going through the same thing you are, what i just told you. Human sexuality is set in by age 6, how can that be a choice.

Jack

Back