does this dog looks like a prebreed?

dearmegz

Aug 29, 2008
I'm getting this dog and I'm wanting a prebred but i'm not so sure he is? It is just because he is a little chubby looking and older?

Let me know what you think.
Here is the link with picture

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pet/874911883.html

He's just fat and the victim of some poor breeding. Otherwise yes, definately a full boxer.

If he is AKC, then he is a purebred. He is a little chubby, but still cute! Enjoy, and good luck!

PURE!!!
Wow I would pay that much for him he's gorgeous!
MAke sure you see him before you hand any money over he might be like disabled my friend got completley conned by one of these anyway
yeah
PURE

Yes, he looks to be a purebred boxer.

There are a lot of variations in the look or "style" of some purebred dog breeds. Not everyone breeds dogs with the breed standard in mind. There are a lot of "back-yard breeders" that breed their pets, to produce more pets. They're still purebred, just not show quality. And they MAY be more prone to health issues, since back-yard breeders don't usually health test their breeding stock.

For the person who said they "shed alot and stink".....I had a Boxer for 14 years, and she did neither. I also volunteered for Boxer Rescue and belonged to 3 different Boxer chat forums. Nobody else's dog shed, or stank. In Rescue, the only shedding, stinking dogs I encountered were the ones with food allergies that weren't being tended to, or the dogs being fed crappy commercial diets. Or they were all of the above and were "outside dogs" to boot. This breed can't tolerate heat or cold, and should not be allowed to live outdoors all the time.

Feed a good quality premium food (Innova, Merrick, Canidae, etc) and brush the dog once a week, let them live indoors, and you shouldn't have problems. My Boxer went through a shedding cycle once every year, and had no more odor than a hot biscuit, right up until the day she died at 14 yrs of age.

Thank you for giving this boy a good home, sounds like he needs one!

To me he looks like a purebred boxer. but im not an expert or anything on boxers so yeah. is there anyway you can contact the seller? maybe they can give you some information. well anyways good luck and i hope you get the dog of your dreams!! haha.

P.S check out my q - HELP PLEASE!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ai_2s67YMHDv.0YNTksSdAjsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20081011101152AAhBnkg

Love,
Maria girl <3

Awww!!!!! I believe if he actually has akc papers he is pure bred.! Enjoy this beautiful boxer!!!!! They are wonderful dogs.

If he is purebred, he doesn't have the best genes. It bothers me that his owner is saying "I paid $800, but I'll give him to you for the low cost of $200." Plus there is the "new baby" and "trying to clear the house of pets" issues. No mention of neutering or up-to-date on vaccines either. I'm overly critical of Craigslist ads. The dog may be nice, but the price is not. I think this person just wants money.

purebred is that what you meant? aww yes he looks like a pure bred and it's so sad they have to get rid of him. : ( i would buy him.

Back