would u agree that current teenagers have the worst future coming for them?

jenniferc

May 13, 2008
first of all, we are like the "baby boom" of this generation. we have the most kids in class 2009 which means less chance of enter a college and less chance of getting a career.
on top of that our economy is f*ed up and leading towards depression, meaning that we are pretty much accountable for paying up the debts on top of being an already debted college student

i say to be age 15-19 right now sucks.

i disagree. my daughter graduated in 2008 and is now attending college. i am a single parent of 3 kids ages 8, 10 and 18. 2 sons and 1 girl. my kids have the potential to do anything they want in life and i always encourage them. i don't blame kids if they are not doing well in life, i put the blame on the parents because it's their job to teach them.

Let me preface this by saying it is a generalization: I work in an environment(Movie Theatre) where I see a lot of teens and have seen lots of teens over the last several years, so I have a pretty good handle on that age group. The problem with being 15-19 right now as opposed to 10 or 20 year ago is that that age, today, is the most selfish, disrespectful, lazy, uneducated generation of teens that I have seen in many years. Their problems don't stem from current issues, their problem is that they expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

YES!! with the way the country is evolving and people are changing... I feel very badly for thm

its that way for most generations, Im 37 and felt the same when I was younger. each generation has to clean up the mess left by its predecessors. but yeah the teenagers now have a bigger mess to work with.

Yes 15 to 19 looks bleak but it's not all to do with the economy and over popualtion....knife crime and gun crime is rife among the teenage population,young lads and girls have no respect for their parents or any authority figures,they're intent seems to be self destruction.Todays youth need to realise they are not in the wildwest.

Back