Men and Women: what is one aspect of traditional marriage and modern marriage...

chickenfarmer

Jul 31, 2008
...that you cannot live with?
So you've gotten pretty attached to your hand then raj?
Moondrag: hey, if ain't baroque, don't fix it.....
Time will tell:answer it w/the definition as it applies to you......I'm not asking soley based on my own interpretation, I'd love to hear what yours is:)
Professor: thanks, that's what I was looking for.
Moondrag, thanks;) it's not really mine though. It was the title of a music book about the baroque period I was forced to read by my violin teacher.

How about asking me what I can live with.
I can live traditional, if I knew what that was and I can live with modern, if I knew what that was.
Who defined it, is there a reliable source to tell us all what is and isn't traditional? I guess you forgot that your question reaches ALL walks of life and not just your own.

I am not a religious person, so I have absolutely no need for this baroque tradition.

Edit: Chicken lol! Nice joke, never even thought abut using it myself.

Traditional that the male is supposed to make all of the important decisions. Or that I would have been expected to leave my career to raise children.

Modern, I'm not sure.

EDIT:
Modern- that my ex-husband did not honor his full commitment. After 25.5 years he "didn't want to be married anymore". He moved out, but then failed to follow through. I had to take the steps to file for a dissolution.

Traditional: that one word, "obey."
Modern: Taxes. My man and I each get more money back in taxes seperately than we would if we were legally married.

Back