49cc Scooter CVT Transmission help?

TimeLancer

Sep 22, 2008
Ok before I tell you anything about my bike, I would like for you all to know that I have no intentions of changing Scooters, I like it even if it is a Chinese "clone", I can't afford to change even if I wanted to. My Scooter is a YY50QT-20, has 12" tires and the standard CVT Transmission. My belt snapped not to long ago and I had to replace it along with my completely destroyed Variator, I used a 729 belt which my manufacturer told me was correct, however my bike no longer accelerating as quickly and tops out at 30MPH, unless I'm going down hill or with a tail wind, then it reaches around 50MPH, where it used to perform. I'm aware that i did do a lot of abuse to my tranny and I'm considering placing a performance clutch in to remedy the problem as I used emery on it to scuff off the "glaze" on the bell and the pads on the rear clutch, however I'm afraid the the bell might be bad as well, is there any semi-cheap way to repair this? I have the oportunity to buy a standard clutch with the entire thing already set-up for $60 (with the bell), or a performance clutch for $85 from my nearest scooter store with out the bell, but it comes with the performance springs.

Back