Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    melissaw77

does Nextel suck?

my husband has nextel and wants me to get one. He has the worse service out there. He never gets his voice mail until minimum of 12 hour later, and his phone never receives calls, it always forwards me to voice mail. He said the walkie talkie works great. We have gone through 3 batteries this year because they will not hold a charge. I was wondering if we just go a bad phone or if they are all like this... Seems like noone likes them...unless they work for the company. But beings how they are the most expensive for what I want, I think I will stick with verizon.

rasckal
    I have ATT/Cingular prepaid. I don't use a cell phone much. I am happy. I know Verizon has lots of service it provides in many ways. I also know that Alltel offers lots of coverage areas. I think that Nextel is mainly for those that work in construction. Their cellphones have more of a rugged, hard shell appearance. I don't know if Nextel sucks. I think what you really need to do is make a list on paper of those things important to you in a cell phone. Then, look for a company that provides them. Your list would include price, coverage areas, and when you can get unlimited minutes. Ask, "What is most important to yourself." Then, go after the phone that provides it. Hope this helps.

BleedingBlueStar
    YESSSS

I had them for 6 months...

Service= Horrible
    Phones=TOO BIG
    Plan=Too expensive

it also took 3 days toget text no lie

That's Bobo
    It is good for blue collar workers, like construction work or electrical, as you can buzz your fellow "guys" with short orders/instructions. But, for anything else, you just annoy the hell out of the people near you and their coverage/phones really suck and are expensive and BIG. Hope this helps.