Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I delete my Music from my iPod without deleting it from iTunes?

I'm selling my 3rd generation iPod Nano on Ebay to make some money up so I can afford the shiny new Nano-Chromatic (4th Gen).

So I was wondering if anyone knows how to delete all the music, pictures, video and general files off of the iPod without deleting them from my iTunes. As I don't want to send off all of my music files and such to someone I don't know, (it's illegal apparently.)

Thanks to all and any help =]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Click on restore iPod
    or if you can be bothered untick EVERY song and press dont sync unticked songs
    lol or you can go on the music tab once your iPod is connected to iTunes and press dont syns songs over

Junior Member PsychodelicChicken's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You just need to uncheck all the boxes, so the next time you sync, nothing will go on the Ipod.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hiya im afraid you cant!
    the only way i can think of is by using somebodys elses computer who doesnt have an itunes full of music and it would delete all songs off yours..or you could delete all your songs and the option comes up with send to recycle bin/keep files....select keep files to all songs, plug in ur ipod, delete all your songs then put all your music back on your itunes afterwards! but would take ages!
    hope this helps

x

Junior Member PsychodelicChicken's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You just need to uncheck all the boxes, so the next time you sync, nothing will go on the Ipod.

Downloads
    Uploads
    all you do is connect the iPod to iTunes and select RESTORE. this will return it to factory setting and erase everything off the iPod but not erase anything from iTunes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    uncheck the boxes in your itunes of the ones you dont want and just connect your ipod.

Downloads
    Uploads
    when you put your iPod into the your computer, click on the iPod symbol -music- so all the songs on it come up. then just highlight (shift and click on first song, then on last song holding shift) and then right click - delete. this deletes all the songs of your iPod, but they remain in your iTunes.
    hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    when you put your iPod into the your computer, click on the iPod symbol -music- so all the songs on it come up. then just highlight (shift and click on first song, then on last song holding shift) and then right click - delete. this deletes all the songs of your iPod, but they remain in your iTunes.
    hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When the iPod is plugged into iTunes, press Restore. Everything on the iPod will be erased, and the software will be reset to factory settings.

Here's a picture of how to do that:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/15919521@N05/2860380348/

The "uncheck songs" method, which seems to be so popular on here, is more for picking and choosing which songs you want if you don't have enough room, or stuff like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast