Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Sirkonks

Motorola Q9m or Blackberry Pearl 8130?

My contract is up and I want a new phone. I like the setup of these phones and am curious what you think is the better one. I use my phone mainly for texting and want good call quality. I find I'm using the web on my phone more and want one of these types. What do you think?

I use verizon for my service. Both are about the same price so thats why I've come to these two.

cuse71122
    Definitely the Pearl. My friend just got one and he loves it. The keyboard is a little daunting at first, but you'll get used to it. It has a 2 megapixel camera and takes great pictures. Both phones have GPS, but the Pearl also has a 3.5mm jack so you can use iPod headphones.

Adam H
    The original Motorola Q got amazing reviews - however, the new model, the Motorola Q9m got really bad reviews. I would say the Blackberry Pearl - it's a pretty solid device, and it is good for using the web. However, if possible - I'd take a look at the Blackberry Curve, it's pretty much the pearl but it has a full keyboard and a much larger screen and a few more business apps on it. However, if that isn't available through your provider or if it is out of your price range, the Pearl is a solid plan B. Good luck!

I loved the Pearl when I had it.