Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does my1999 Dodge Stratus horn blow when I turn my steering wheel? ?

Just started today and haven't driven the car in about a week. Also, car seems to be running a little hot today. 1999 Dodge Stratus

Downloads
    Uploads
    A couple of potential problems, Loose wire or connection in the steering column or a short circuit in the column. I advise not to attempt to fix yourself beacuse of the airbag could go off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol, ahh, good times. i done that to a friend, but i wired his horn when he pushed the brake pedal the horn would sound. he went about a week before i told him. so either someone like me got a hold of your car or your horn wire just came loose and is grounding on the steering wheel when u turn.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The wires that lead up to the steering wheel that go to the horn are shorting out and need fixed! You will have to remove the steering wheel for that. If your car is running hot, have you put regular tap water into the radiator? This is bad and you need to stop the practice! Use distilled water that you can get from any store instead of tap water because tap water has lime in it and it collects to the radiator core and the thermostat and will over heat your car and if you have done this you had better use a flush in the radiator and clean it out and change your thermostat before winter hits because it will lock shut and will over heat the car and blow the head gasket! Oh and when I say use distilled water that means use it with a radiator fluid in a mix and don't buy the premixed fluid!