Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chevy Malibu Car CD Player?

I have an '02 Chevy Malibu and the CD Player does not work. I tried new and clean CD's still nothing. What happens is that it will take the CD in, scan it for a few secs, then spit it out saying check CD. None of the CD's I use are MP3's or copied. Everything else works like the radio and tape deck. I believe the laser alignment might be out of sorts. How much do you think it will cost to repair it? Or what do you think is wrong?

It is a factory player...

Downloads
    Uploads
    those steroes are natorious for the lazer quitting. Im not sure what it would cost there to have it fixed but if it was me i eould buy a aftermarket stereo and dash kit lot cheaper and the factory player will eventually do it again. You can fid them at salvage yards but like i said you will be happier with a aftermarket stereo. have a good day