Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    takemeaway890

Dog ate my cell phone... help!!?

I left it lying on the coffee table, and he ate it! He's a St.Bernard/Lab mix, and I don't know if he swallowed it or what, but he's just lying there right now. I'm not sure if he's sick or not... he seems normal for the most part. Our vet's office is closed for Christmas... what do I do? Is it dangerous?? Help!

I'm pretty sure my phone is off since I usually turn it off after work, but I'm scared to call it if it's on vibrate! I think he just swallowed it whole, unless he started chewing it before-hand! It's a pretty small phone, about the size of an iPod nano or maybe a bit bigger

Christina D
    if he starts acting funny see if there is an animal hospital open that you can take him to.

Warlof
    There has to be an emergency On call person for the vets office. I would call the Vets office. If he goes to the bath room and it passes then i wouldn't worry but if it gets stuck in his intestines he could have some serious problems.

Jamieee1
    maybe he buried it or something because it'd be very difficult (even for a dog his size) to swallow a cellphone whole. look around, maybe you'll find it. and if you're SURE he swallowed it, most vets have an emergency line you can call.

edit: don't call it! if your phone is on vibrate that might hurt your dog.

madison
    You need to look around the house and see if you can find the phone- call it if you have another phone to see if you can find it that way.

If your dog ate it then he needs to be taken to the emergency vet (they are open right now). It can cause intestinal blockage or even cut the digestive system lining.

Look around the house first because if he didn't eat it then he won't need to see a vet (the vet will induce vomiting).

Ethelucy
    He's a big dog so chances are that he'll pass it over the next day or two. You will have to keep a close eye on him and his bowel movements. If he starts throwing up or seems to be in any kind of distress you need to find an emergency vet that is open. Most likely it'll pass without a problem, but it could get stuck and cause a blockage in which case you'll need to have a vet surgically remove it.

adam.ribbands
    just depends on whever he coughs it up of craps it out. if the phone gets stuck in his apendix, you will have a big big vets bill. Are you sure he ate it, sounds sort of strange!

Is kinda funny though!

justanothergrlnxtdoor
    well.. if he isn't acting wierd.. i think you're ok.. if he's laying around all day and being kind of anti-social, then worry about it.. but if he's just acting normal.. i'm sure things will be fine until after christmas.
    Go right away as soon as the doc's is open though
    and make sure he poops. cuz if he doesn't.. then it's blocked up and you need to take him to the ERvet

gavmel259
    Get someone to ring it. You will know for sure whethr he has ate it or not.

Emily H
    Find the nearest animal hospital and go to them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast