Dog ate my cell phone... help!!?

T

takemeaway890

I left it lying on the coffee table, and he ate it! He's a St.Bernard/Lab mix, and I don't know if he swallowed it or what, but he's just lying there right now. I'm not sure if he's sick or not... he seems normal for the most part. Our vet's office is closed for Christmas... what do I do? Is it dangerous?? Help!
I'm pretty sure my phone is off since I usually turn it off after work, but I'm scared to call it if it's on vibrate! I think he just swallowed it whole, unless he started chewing it before-hand! It's a pretty small phone, about the size of an iPod nano or maybe a bit bigger

if he starts acting funny see if there is an animal hospital open that you can take him to.

There has to be an emergency On call person for the vets office. I would call the Vets office. If he goes to the bath room and it passes then i wouldn't worry but if it gets stuck in his intestines he could have some serious problems.

maybe he buried it or something because it'd be very difficult (even for a dog his size) to swallow a cellphone whole. look around, maybe you'll find it. and if you're SURE he swallowed it, most vets have an emergency line you can call.

edit: don't call it! if your phone is on vibrate that might hurt your dog.

You need to look around the house and see if you can find the phone- call it if you have another phone to see if you can find it that way.

If your dog ate it then he needs to be taken to the emergency vet (they are open right now). It can cause intestinal blockage or even cut the digestive system lining.

Look around the house first because if he didn't eat it then he won't need to see a vet (the vet will induce vomiting).

He's a big dog so chances are that he'll pass it over the next day or two. You will have to keep a close eye on him and his bowel movements. If he starts throwing up or seems to be in any kind of distress you need to find an emergency vet that is open. Most likely it'll pass without a problem, but it could get stuck and cause a blockage in which case you'll need to have a vet surgically remove it.

just depends on whever he coughs it up of craps it out. if the phone gets stuck in his apendix, you will have a big big vets bill. Are you sure he ate it, sounds sort of strange!

Is kinda funny though!

well.. if he isn't acting wierd.. i think you're ok.. if he's laying around all day and being kind of anti-social, then worry about it.. but if he's just acting normal.. i'm sure things will be fine until after christmas.
Go right away as soon as the doc's is open though
and make sure he poops. cuz if he doesn't.. then it's blocked up and you need to take him to the ERvet

Get someone to ring it. You will know for sure whethr he has ate it or not.

I think you should take him to an emergency pet hospital soon, because it can cause serious internal damage to the dog. Try to softly feel around the dogs abdominal area to see if you feel anything. I would take him to get an xray though, just to be on the safe side. Especially if you can't find the phone anywhere. Also, it may sound silly, but you can try to call it, if you haven't already.

Call your local veterinary emergency number. Most vets will share some kind of emergency rotation over holidays and weekends and announce it on their automated message.

You need to get him to a vet. Most vets have emergency numbers that you can call. If I was you I will make the call or find another one to call.

No its not dangerous.

Let its body take its natural course
i have a golden retreiver. he ate my ipod

Hes fine.

=)

If you have the money you should take him to a vet or 24 hr emergency animal clinic. My lab eat a chuck of tennis ball and she had to have a portion of her intestines removed because of the damage. First you want to monitor your dogs breathing, check for vomiting or fever. If the phone was swallowed whole or in pieces the dogs system may handle it own its own. Press on its stomach and watch to see if your dog reacts to any tenderness or pain, monitor its food and water intake, and watch for blood in vomit. I noticed my dog acting strange and 4 hrs later I had her at the 24 hr vet and them another 3 hrs later she was in surgery. Look for pieces of your cell phone so you can get a idea of how much in ate. Keep me posted please.

Well i think that you do need to get your dog check out normal or not. But since you said the doctors office is closed. I guess you should take him or her out side every hour to use the bathroom.

Well it may come out when he does a poo

If not Go to your vets a.s.a.p.

Best of luck !!

Emergency vet ASAP. They can x-ray and make sure it is not causing a block in the intestines. Was it whole or in pieces?

Back